am i a bitch?

i got to work today and they had too many people scheduled so i offered to go home and the manager said that it was fine especially since i picked up yesterday. (i would probably be over my hours.) Well one of the girls started whining that she would rather go home because she has a daughter sitting at home pregnant that she needs to be with. (this girl always is trying to find a reason not to work btw, i don't even know why she works.) Anyways, i hit the door. I felt kinda bad after i left and i knew she was probably madder than hell that i didnt offer to stay and let her leave. I feel like she really made me out to be a bitch using her daughter as an excuse. Was i wrong not to stay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think so. If your manager wanted you to stay then she would have told you know.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Not at all. The manager had say on who could go and who could stay. If she has a problem she can take it up with management. Enjoy your day off!
    Anonymous

• Hey, you offered, the manager agreed, end of story. =)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Sounds like it was in your employer's best interest to send you home rather than pay overtime. Chances are this slacker isn't near overtime. It was the manager's decision. Too bad for lazy ass grandma. Let her quit. I'm sure there are plenty of people ready to take her place with a smile on their faces.
    Anonymous

• I agree. If the girl is always trying to find a way out of work don't make it easy for her.
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing. Her opinion is not the one that matters anyway. The manager said you could go. People who use their kids to get out of work are extremely irritating.
    Anonymous

• Are you seriously coming on Cafe Mom asking if you were wrong to leave? This is by far one of the dumbest questions ever asked on here.
    Anonymous

• No you were fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• op here, i'm usually just such a push over. Maybe thats why i feel like i was a bitch.
    Anonymous

• I would have felt bad too. BUT it's the managers choice and it seems like you pull your weight @ work. Try not to worry and enjoy your day. If you feel that bad you can take my place @ work :D
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2010