my son just fell on his head...

My 10 mth old son just fell from about 1 1/2 ft onto ceremic tile floor and landed directly on his head. I checked his eyes to make sure they dialate correctly and he doesn't even really have a knot but when he hit it make a loud "crack". My question is : since his eyes react correctly to light would it be ok if I let him go to sleep. I'm freakin out but he is acting normal and playing with the remote. So IDK what I should do. He's tired, he was actually fighting his nap when it happened.

momluvsmiles

Asked by momluvsmiles at 1:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the same thing happened to my 5 month old last week. I would wait an hour or so, and if you don't notice anything out of the ordinary, let him sleep for 30 minutes or so, then wake him up to make sure he's just sleeping and not unconcious.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think I would take him to the doc. You just never know if they have a concussion or internal bleeding or anything. My daughter fell on her head twice when she was in infant. It was sooo terrifying and once she even had to get a cat scan. I would rather be safe than sorry. I wouldn't do the ER, I would just take him to your pediatrician first.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Call his doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Oh poor guy! He is going to be fine. As a precaution if he start vomiting or you see something coming out from his ears. Call the 'dr right away.
    Anonymous

• I would for sure have him checked out.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• That is scary, but I have always heard the bad hits on the head are in the back of the head not the front. Just keep an eye on him for anything unusual, poor baby he will be fine.

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I agree call the doctor
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• "from about 1 1/2 ft" he is going to be fine. Don't worry
    Anonymous

• I would have him checked out.
    Anonymous

• I still use the advice of my grandmother-wait at least 1 hour after a child has hit their head before you let them go to sleep.

Everyone one of my kids have done that and were ok. Our middle son fell out of a shopping cart and landed on his head. I turned my back for a second, he stood up and over he went. He fell about from about waist high.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2010