Men who can't man up?

My ex and I recently broke up. I didn't want to break up because we had a daughter together, but I could not take the emotional abuse and the overall unhealthyness of our relationship, especially while I was caring for our daughter. He didn't argue or try to stop me, he just said "I know we want different things". Which was true, because he wanted to be young and go out and I am responsible and family oriented. Now, he makes it out like I up and left and we aren't a family because I broke up with him...what the hell. It's like it makes him come out as the good person because I decided I wasn't putting up with his bs anymore. Why do some men do this!? So they look like the victim? Or so they have a reason to have a pity party and don't have to man up to the fact that they were a crappy spouse/partner? Those are my thoughts, but tell me what you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you are right & honestly...my ex did the same thing. He never told anyone that he hit me, or spit in my face & verbally abused me. I never told anyone about our private life (just my mom) i respected our family privacy & the issues we tried to work on. But, once we broke up I was the asshole. I couldn't have cared less though. He can spout all the crap he wants to...i am not with him anymore & i am happy. I choose not to let him bother me anymore. If he needs to play the victim to feel better about himself, then let him. He's just looking like the fool. Everyone wants to seem as if they are the better person, but only god knows who the better person really is. Let it go & laugh at him. He is being childish.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I agree with you. Especially with an immature man (like this one sounds to be), it is SO much easier for them to blame us instead of facing themselves on their portion of the problem.
    Anonymous

• You're right. Here's the good news. The friends worth keeping know the truth. THose who take his part...aren't worth keeping.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2010