What health conditions/problems can you name that formula has caused?

I really want to know.Some of you talk so much about formula killing or poisoning our babies, please tell me..I want to know of some conditions you can connect this with. I think we all deserve to know this.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IGNORE the word poison. Until a baby dies immediately upon being fed formula,no one has any business using that word.

Now. It is known that babies who are given processed food (ie formula) have higher risks of health issues ranging from diabetes to obesity. Doesn't mean they WILL GET THEM. It means there is a risk. When you marry, you get a risk of divorce. If you marry into the military, your risk is higher. Doesn't mean you ever will get divorced...you just have a higher risk.

RISK RISK RISK. That is ALL it's about.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• is there a dead horse around to beat?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It's kind of funny you posted this because I just read an answer in the other post and we both said we'd like to know what health problems people think formula causes.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 1:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I don't think there are any. Unless the baby is allergic to any of the ingredients. That's why there are different kinds of formulas.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 1:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I am really not aware of any ...but I do know both of my kids ( who were formula fed) had really bad bowel problems ( like super constipated, and then really running the next day, then back to constipated) ...the doc said it was the formula but now they are off it it and still have problems so I am not sure ( their cousins also have the problems.so it probably has nothing to do with formula)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/hazards_of_infant_formula

Anonymous

• Hmm, I see all the know it alls are taking thier sweet time answering, must be trying to dig some information up. I can't believe that the all so overly informed doesn't know these facts right off the top of thier heads.pfffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttt.
    Anonymous

• And anon up there with the link...yeah, I just read it. That is NOT written by a medical doctor. I don't even know who that woman is who wrote that. She doesn't state a degree of any kind. We need and want som eclear answers from a professional.Sorry but when you accuse mothers of poisoning our babies and killing them, expect people to want to know WHY and WHERE you are coming up with this stuff.
    Anonymous

• I have one. It is something for moms to think about if they ever have a child born with fetal ascites. Our oldest son (who is also a twin) was born with a VERY RARE birth defect called Fetal Ascites. While pregnant the NICU doctors and pedis asked if I was going to formula feed and I said no breastfeed. They said could because formula can be very rough on a newborn with fetal ascites. I was ok, don't have to worry. I breastfed for 10 weeks (and now regret giving up). After that I switched to formula. Within two weeks, we noticed that our son was very constipated and very gassy. I took him in to see his doctor who said it was just colic. Now I have been around colicy babies and he acted nothing like that. We went on. Changed his formula it got alittle better but not much. He got to where he wouldn't want to eat. Fast-forward to 6 months, go back to the doctor again nothing but colic. Cont..
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I asked his doctor to refer us to a GI doctor in OKC. We go when he was almost 8 months. The doctor went on to explain the reason he was so "colicly" was due to the formula pretty much curtling on his stomach (like when you have a fever). We asked what could be done and his advise was to stop formula, which of course we couldn't yet because he wasn't old enough. He gave us some meds for him and we went home. Things got better. He still had problems till he was 18 months. After he was off the formula for almost 6 months he got alot better. We went back in for a check-up with the GI doctor. Tristen was doing alot better but the formula did some damage. He will also be very senstive to some foods not matter what we do.

If he would have been giving breastmilk instead we would have been able to avoid 90% of his problems. But nothing we can do now. That is our story. Remember that the formula had a bad reaction to the the FA.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010