How to celebrate my deceased mother's 60th birthday? Please help me...

Today would have been my mother's 60th birthday. She died when she was 54. I miss her so much, and I'm really depressed over it.

Do you have ideas on how I can celebrate what would have been her 60th birthday?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 2:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• hi mama(gives you a very big hug) its hard isnt it? I DO understand and I can help.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/3096
    its a group for moms missing their moms, and its filled with love and compassionate understanding-no judgements. we talk alot abou tthe big days, bdays and holidays...I lost my mom in 06 and she was my best friend. i miss her every day and trust me that group has been my rock. hope to see you there. :)
    (hugs) its gonna be ok.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• that's just morbid
    Anonymous

• Do something you think she would have done.
    Go to her favorite restaurant or cook one of her favorite meals. Invite others that knew your mom and can remember her so you can celebrate her life together. Maybe light a candle in memory of her. Wear her favorite colors. etc.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I'm in Bearsjen group and it really does help!

and anon ....STFU!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Make a donation or volunteer time in some way connected to whatever killed her. Say, if it was cancer, donate to cancer research, or bring a day-brightener of some sort to several cancer patients in your area. If it was natural causes, choose a causes she was passionate about and further it in some way instead.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• While it's actually never occurred to me to do this concerning my mother (I'm autistic, and I have connection issues with many people) my eldest child was Feline-American. Every year on his birthday (he died in 2002) we make his favorite birthday cake and remember him. While I find people who want to throw entire parties for the deceased somewhat disturbing, there is nothing morbid or wrong with some sort of remembrance in memory of someone who was important to you.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Sorry about your loss there is quite a few groups on here for moms without moms that are good for moral support( they have come in quite handy if you are having one of those really down days. What I am doing this year for Mother's Day and Father's Day(both of my parents have passed they were both avid gardeners) is I am planning on planting a plant in their memory in my garden but you can also make do it at a Botanical Garden or as Roachiesmom suggested making a donation in here memory is another beautiful way to honor her.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010