Contaminated beef?

Pesticides, Antibiotics, Heavy Metals
Why do we keep eating beef?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• we also get our beef from someone we know.

It's generally not so good for you though. I was raised vegetarian, my daughter is vegetarian...and somehwere along the line...i started eating meat (BBQ was my first, i think they put cocaine in it)

I admit that i am addicted to eating meat. I do buy organic & have a local farm that i get my checken.eggs & beef from. I honestly wish i have never been tainted...LOL! I am a food addict & cannot say no to stuff that tastes so good. Some people are addiced to drugs...i am addicted to food. And i admit that i am no proud of it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• The government is doing too little to ensure that the beef Americans eat is uncontaminated by "residual veterinary drugs, pesticides and heavy metals," according to an audit by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's inspector general.
    Anonymous

• The findings appear in a report issued March 25. Among the recommendations of the report is a call for better coordination among the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to ensure the safety of the country's meat supply.
    Anonymous

• Because it's yummy.

Ha. Anyway, I'm not concerned because we get our beef from my DH's family. They have and run a small cattle farm. We know exactly what goes on there and how the meat is cared for and packaged. No fear.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I just have to say "go organic".
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 2:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I eat deer and elk. It's organic, free-range, grass-fed, and locally grown.  It's called HUNTING.  

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• sorry i can't seem to spell today...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• There's a local ranch that's been raising beef steers organically for over 50 years - 3rd generation family owned and dedicated to organic pasture land / beef. That's the only beef we buy.
    Expensive but that just means we eat less of it, which is also better for most people.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• family raised beef is the best.....we know how they are treated and what they are fed and what DOESN'T go into their bodies!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Not me, I haven't eaten meat in over 15 years! aside from what you mentioned the human body sometimes takes days to digest it and having it rot in your stomach before it does.

Answer by older at 4:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010