getting a divorce started... how?

this is kinda stupid but how & where do i go to file a divorce? and also do i need a lawyer? i dont have any money for a lawyer, and i dont know if i need one, because i want to get full custody of our DD. i know my husband wants her too but neither of us can afford a lawyer. plz any advice? i heard divorces cost alot of money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Do a search for Famiy Law Self Help in your state. I represented myself against a lawyer and still won everything I asked for. I got mine started by paying the filing fee, filling out the paper work and having him served. Was very easy. GL
    Anonymous

• they cost alot of money unless you guys can agree and work out an agreement. even if you agree it is a couple hundred dollars to file it. It would be great if you could agree and not have to pay a lawyer and it would be easier on your child. Can you split custody? Do you guys live near eachother where she could stay with you after school and he could pick her up in the evening sometimes?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Go to legal aid. Yes you need a lawyer if you own property and/or have children.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• you dont NEED a lawyer if you and dh can come to an agreement on custody, i would talk to dh about 50/50 legal which means he has just as much a say in things as you do with you have primary residence
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2010