Why the disconnect?

Someone posted this anon in another question:
"You people act like the liberals on here personally did this to you people!!! Nobody on this site is in the Congress/Senate! "

Do people really not understand that their actions (voting for someone) have consequences (being responsible for what they do after they are elected)? They may not do what you want, and you may disagree with them, but that doesn't make you any less responsible. If your child shoplifts, you don't like it, and you may have told them not to, but you are still responsible for making them return it or paying for it. See how this works? If you are one of those "liberals on here personally" and you voted for anyone who voted in favor of the HCR, YOU are responsible for HCR. Just like we're all collectively responsible for the idjits who approved the bank bailout.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Agree and those who do not think this bill is a good thing should be standing together with the rest of us who do not.We might have our differences but that does not mean we cannot stand together on a single issue.
    Anonymous

• Thanks you NP for pointing this out!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Does this mean that we can all thank the repubs personally when our spouses have to deploy to iraq?
    Anonymous

• sure but don't forget to also thank Obammer for keeping them there.
    Anonymous

• The people I voted to put into Congress . . . . well, they all lost. And my "representative" there now? You'd better believe I won't be voting for him next go around either. I told him to say no and he didn't listen to me or any of the many, many other residents of this state who also said no. Do I think he'll be re elected? Probably not.

Voters get the final say, if they actually bother to vote, lol.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

You could if they were the only ones who voted for it. That vote was nearly unanimous, including Hillary Clinton, and everyone approved the funding afterward, including Senator Obama (when he could be bothered to show up for work). So go ahead and thank a pub, but remember to thank all those dems, too, because like the bailout, that is on EVERYONE's head.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• That is right and so when this HCR bill creates trouble that would be a time democrats would have nobody else to blame but themselves.No republican voted for it not one.
    Anonymous

Well Hillary and other Dems voted to send them too so you can thank both political parties. Also my brothers who are Marines made a choice to join the military knowing they could go to war so they made the choice to fight when asked to go. They were not made to go they enlisted to go where needed.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Thank you, OP. A very mature observation, that I think many have never considered. Elections DO have consequences. And as a voter, it is important to research the candidates BEFORE you vote.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I am always amused but astounded by the number of ladies on here who lash at conservatives about the war when as pointed out many many times over the dem reps in congress voted for it too! So if you want to bitch about it you should be not only bitching at republicans but democrats as well and while you're at it ..grab a mirror!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2010