Strongly considering a partial conversion to wiccan concepts? Your thoughts?

Many of you helped me find info. for my friend, and while looking into it made a lot of sense to me. I still hold my Christian beliefs, but the self empowerment to the craft, and the Wiccan concept in general made so much sense. The info. was talking about using your own energy. Which makes sense. I appreciate the sites, and would appreciate any more info. you have to offer. As well as your opinions about a Christian/ Wiccan? or is that just crazy?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Did you get that link I sent you about "Christo-Paganism"?

Believe what ever you want to believe, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I don't believe you can hold Christian beliefs and have anything to do with dependence on any power other than the Holy Spirit of God through Jesus Christ. That's what Christianity is! Also, the Bible strictly forbids any participation in witchcraft, divination, contact with the dead spirits of those gone before us, or looking to the sun, moon, or stars for any kind of help. So, based on what the Bible says, I think you will have to choose one or the other.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• NannyB is right. You can call yourself a Christian while practicing every religion under the sun but I don't think that makes you anything but undecided.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I should say, that I am not attempting to be snippy or rude. I just see it as something that is neither here nor there, kind of straddling the fence.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 2:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Mamak88 No I didn't at least not yet. Thank you though I appreciate it and when I get it I will check it out.

The first two posters not to be rude, but Christian is believing in God the holy spirit, Jesus and the bible. So no technically speaking on your answers that would not be claiming false Christianity. I should've stated I was more asking the Wiccans because being Christian and hearing it all I know what a lot of your opinions would be already.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Also the bible is against sorcery which is very diff. For many reasons a lot of sorcerers who were generalised as witches then were evil, and did curses.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I would agree that you should look in to Christo-Paganism or Christo-Wicca, both may be a good option for you.

I have a forum in my group for these paths...
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/103652/forums/185593/Christo_Eclectic

And here are some other good sources...
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr5e.htm?_nc=5141160

Let me know if you have questions, I'm not an expert, but I know a few Christo-Pagans/Wiccans and I would be more than happy to hook you up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Good luck on your spiritual journey.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2010