Should the phrase "Act Of God" be removed from insurance documents for those who happen to believe that the existance of a higher power is complete nonsense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep. It has no place there. It should say natural disaster.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• No.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• No b/c even an atheist can understand that this phrase refers to acts of NATURE....not god. I don't need it spelled out for me to understand what they mean. And it doesn't offend me to have that wording used.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Wrong crowd. However yes I think it should. I believe in complete separation of religion from state. Nothing should include the word god, Zeus, or what ever when in comes to state and country.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Anon :45....are you an example of gods love and tolerance?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• What would you like it to say instead?
    Anonymous

• God does exist and you feel stupid one day when he come back and you do not know him!

Wow how sad some answer every question like that. Did you ever wonder how you would feel if you one day found out he didn't exist?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• no, i mean are they gonna remove 'in God we trust" from money also? are we gonna hve prayer back in schools for those who DO believe? ................some things are just unfair and we have to deal
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

How about Act of state, Act of humanism, Act of humanity and compassion.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I suppose we are going to have to completely change our terminology in this country, perhaps the world to suit everyone's religious beliefs. I would be curious to find out how many atheists are completely offended by this term. Honestly do we have to create a new politically correct language that won't offend anybody in any group? When we are finished altering our terminology will anyone even be able to understand what we are saying without a manual?
    Anonymous