iud questions please help if u can

i had an iud put in about a month a go well i was bleeding for 3 straight weeks it finally stoped but my questions r is that going to happen every time i have my period now? will it come out by itself? can i really get pregnant while it is in? i have asked the doctor but they never gave me a straight anwer so i wanted to see if any of u ladys have had one and what u think!

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Health

• QUESTION 1: It kind of varies from woman to woman. You could have a normal cycle, or just spot for a few days, or have a very light cycle. How your body responds won't necessarily be the same as other women.

QUESTION 2: It's not supposed to, but it can. I had the Mirena inserted and my body rejected it. The doctor didn't recommend replacing it because it's apparently a rare occurence.

QUESTION 3: Abstinence is the only 100% fool proof birth control. The chances aren't very high, but it's possible that you can get pregnant while using an IUD.
    Camey82

Answer by Camey82 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• IUDs have a horrid history of infections and other complications. How much research did you do before choosing this method?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010