for those whose husbands were married previously..

If you could ask your husbands ex why they got divorced after 8 years would you? If you think some of your dhs problems happened in that marriage. Feels like I am paying a price for her leaving.. I dont get straight answers from him. They had no kids and she hasnt talked to him since their divorce in 2000.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• if you are having problems in your relationship because of his behavoirs i would, i wouldnt use anything she says against him (there may not be 100% truth in it) like my dh wasnt married before but his daughters mother, yeah he says "oh we got in one little fight and i left to cool down came home locks where changed and all my stuff was outside" she says she souldnt take the bitching any more, if she had a drink sitting on the table for an hour it was are you still drinking that? whys it still there.... ha i can completely relate when he has nothing else to bitch about he says i put his clothes away wrong or the pots and pans werent put away right im considering leaving now because i just cant be perfect and i cant take some one expecting me to be (see my question "dont know what to do please help")
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• No, unless you don't trust your man.

I figure she and him were she and him.

Now it is me and him, if I had no trust in him I might.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I can understand wanting to know more about things in his past that he's not openning up to you about, but I would never actually contact the ex-wife. He may have some issues from the past that he hasn't dealt with fully, but dragging her into the mix now is a definite no-no.
    Anonymous

• Take the "marriage" out of it. Would you feel the need to ask every ex-gf the same question? a relationship is a relationship even without the marriage cert. Some work and some don't. I don't blame him for not wanting to answer your questions, it's none of your business. Who knows, maybe she really did something and it wasn't him and it hurts too much for him to be open about it. Some things are best left in the past.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Not particularly. Past is past. He's not the same person.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My husband has had 2 previous "serious" relationship before me, we've been together for 11 years. The first relationship resulted in a daughter, they were very young and abusive to each other and it didn't work out, they still struggle to forgive each other for the crap they did to one another but try to be civil for my step daughter. In between my step daughter's mom (they broke off and on for a while) he married another girl just to have sex with her because her religion did not allow her to unless they were married, they got divorced so he could go back with my step daughter's mom to try to work things out-
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think it's a great idea. You'd talk to the owner of a used car you were buying if you could so why not talk to a previous wife and find out what to expect?

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010