Is it really neccessary to have "take home" goody bags at my son's birthday party?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Some people have them,some people don't ,it never bothered me when my son attended a party and didn't get one.
    I alwaysmade them have but I always felt like it was a way of saying thankyou for coming and the gift. Last year I even attatched premade thankyou cards to each bag and handed them out to the kids as they were picked up,lol. Saved me a mailing stamp,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• No way. No one will notice if you don't have one. I think it's an added plus, but definitely not a necessity!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I always had them, but, it is absolutely not a neccessity.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• no, actually I cant remember the last time I saw one.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• No, usually the kids remember but we do a pinata, wa la there is a goody bag.

For the older kids no, 14. The kids play with the stuff for 1 hour then wam it is gone.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Necessary, No
    A nice gesture, Yes
    Anonymous

• The last party I had for my 8 yr old I did not provide them and one of the guests wouldn't stop complaining that he didn't get one. Rude child! We had a pinata and I figured all the candy and toys from that was enough... Anyways, I am throwing my 5 yr old a party this month and I made sure he has really nice give-a-way bags.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2010