tell me what u think

my son is comeing home this summer. long story short he was taken from me 2 years a go. no my question is he has had to have tubes in his hears and i just took him to the dentist for his first time and he had 11 cavities and the had to put caps and fillers in because they were so bad, ( he is 3 years old) now should i be getting mad at the foster mother because he has been in her care i feel like i should but i almost have him back and i dont want to mess anything up so should i just keep me mouth shut. i am not sure tell me what u think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• shannons mom...

Although I agree with you that some kids are taken out of their home for the wrong reason, most kids dont stay gone for 2 years! If the courts havent found the birth mother fit for 2 years to have custody back, I am sure there is a good reason. As for the teeth... 11 cavities at 3 years old would be from (IMO) bottle rot. I would think that this all took place prior to him even being placed with his foster mother. My 5 1/2 year old son has had 5 sets of tubes and my daughter, who just turned 3 on Monday, has her 3rd set of tubes. they have NOTHING to do with proper car! Some ear canals are shaped differently, not allowing for the fluid to properly drain. That is not his foster mother, nor your, fault.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Keep your mouth shut and do your best from here on out. You lost him for a reason and he wasn't on the streets because of her. Maybe he just has bad teeth, it does happen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• How do you know whats wrong with him isn't from neglect from when he was with you? and umm. yeah. keep your mouth shut. youre lucky that your getting him back and you shouldn't say anything to the foster mom that obviously LOVED your son enough to have him there, even though he wasn't hers. wow. sounds to me lik you are extremely selfish. you don't deserve your son
    Anonymous

• I would really just let it simmer down and take care of him when you have him back. I would be upset too, I suppose.I guess that you would think when a child is taken away from thier mother, they should be getting better care than what they would at home. But I would just take care of everything when he comes home. Good Luck to you and your little boy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• this is for anonymous that wrote at 3:07: not all kids r taken away from there parents because they abused their kids or neglected them u dont know the whole story behind some ones reason so u really shouldnt say things so hurt full that is not very nice and u know what people say what comes around goes a round so be careful what u say about people and their children and to the person who wrote this ur are doing a great job because most of the time people just give up on their kids but u really love ur son and that is y u fought for him do what u think is right for ur son and god bless you and ur family and good luck
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• The last person you should say anything to is the foster mom. If you feel the need to bring it up, go to your caseworker and voice your concerns to him/her - but be prepared for a possible backlash.
    Anonymous

• the tooth problem could be bottle rot. how old was your baby when he was taken away? did you put him to sleep with a bottle? try not to create problems. try to deal with the situation the best you can, get your baby back and love him.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010