Cabbage leaves for engorged breasts?

I'm watching THE DOCTORS on tv and they just said moms use cabbage leaves for engorged breasts. Anyone done that? Does it work?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG! Using Cabbage leaves saved my life! I was so engorged and in awful killing pain,I could not change the leaves out of my bra fast enough. Yes,it REALLY works;)

Answer by momthruivf at 10:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• They're best used to dry up milk. If you use them for engorgement, you need to be VERY careful, as it works very well and could dry you up quickly.

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i did that i couldnt breast feed my son so the doctor gave me cabbage leaves and he said that is helps them go down faster and it worked

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Yes. It works. Use judiciously because it can kill supply.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• yes it works, but I hate hate the smell of cabbage! But it did work, LOL! Crazy right?

Answer by kimigogo at 3:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I used packs of frozen peas, worked like a charm.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You never use cabage leaves unless you want to wean your baby and dry your milk up.

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I was terribly engorged with all my kids. Used cabbage leaves for one night. It took care of the problem. Never had it dry me up, but I only used it one night for each kid. I wonder why it works?