How long have you been a member of Cafe Mom? Why did you join?

Why did you join? What arguments/questions are you sooo sick of?

I joined two years ago. I had zero friends with kids and wanted to ask someone all my questions about pregnancy/childbirth. Also wanted some people to talk about my kid with. There is nothing more obnoxious to childless people than to hear about other people's kids all the time. I am tired of the sahm vs. working mom argument and the breastfeeding argument.

danielp

Asked by danielp at 3:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I signed about about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with our daughter.I was tryong to google some info about pregnancy (because it had been 9 years since I was pregnant last,lol) and cafemom popped up. I signed up but never really came on here too much until about a year ago.
    I almost want to say I want to just cancel this account.It takes up too much of my time some days and I can get really bent about some attitudes on here...and I don't even know why,lol.
    I guess I come on here because sadly it seems to be my only form of socialization sometimes.And the REALLY sucky part about that is...people on here can be so mean and being mean,and thats not what friends are supposed to be to eachother.
    The topics that I'm so done with is the breastfeeding vs formula, the antiObama crap and the arguments about religion.I guess I should just not click on those..but something compells me,LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I came her since it started about three years ago, what really gets old with me is the constant complaining of our President, and the ladies in the political section who think they know it all even before it happens.
    I came here mainly for entertainment but found myself looking for journals of the distressed and trying to make them feel better, it made me happy to see I could ease someones anxiety or pain with my words.

Answer by older at 3:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• ohh i guess its been about 2.5 yrs..i found this site by googling a question i had about my daughter, and cafemom came up..so i signed up, and have been here ever since. i loove this site for the questions/answer section, dont really do anything else on here.. questions im sick of?? the am i pregnant ones. seriously, if ya have sex, then yes you could be..go take a frickin test!!!!! drives me crazy!! i also hate the questions where moms think that every little thing their child does or doesnt do is linked to add or adhd or austism. its almost as if their hoping their child has some sort of "illness" to make up for certain behaviours. uuuuuuuugh!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I have been here since the start I was having a hard time with my DD So I googled and found Cafemom I honestly dont enjoy it anymore its all low class broads who have nothing better to do but start shit
    Anonymous

• I came here 3-4 years ago. get rid of an old screenname cause of inlaw stalkers, and got a new one. Thinking about leaveing al together. too much BS. I rather not have "friends" then this.
    Anonymous

• I joined three yrs ago hoping to find friends near where I live. Haven't had any luck finding anyone decent and with same outlook on parenting and lifestyles. Now I just come on here to read if I am bored and reply to posts like this and maybe help new mothers with any questions. Also, for entertainment...

Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I joined the beginning of last year when I found out I was pregnant. I was just happy I could join 90 percent of my friends and family here finally, LOL.
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 4:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I joined about 3 years ago looking for support during my father's terminal illness.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I joined Cafemom a little over a year ago, I went to visit my sister in law, she's a member she told me about it and got hooked. I got through a stressful pregnancy with my baby group ladies, that helped. One thing I have to get used to is the extreme of crap talking some moms with really strong opinions do when they don't agree with the poster-it's really discouraging to post a question and look for support when people that don't agree with you fail to tell you their opinions with respect but completely bash on you , there has been alot of that going around here lately, but oh well I still like the site and the ladies in my groups are great-there is greatness outside of the bitchiness!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I joined about 3 years ago. I was searching for info on autism, and cafemom came up. I'm so glad I joined! I've found alot of moms with kids on the spectrum and have made some wonderful friends!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2010