If things went bad with you and your husband/SO

what would you do, where would you go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• it really depends on the kind of "bad" we're talking about.

If he cheated on me....i would move back to Boston & be with my family.

If it was anything else, i believe we could work through it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Well, I would kick him out and make him go live with his parents. Then I'd leave our house and rent an apt.
    Anonymous

• As in divorce? Or even death? Life would pretty much go on as it has, after a period of mourning and adjusting to the new reality. My mom drilled it into me that no woman has any business getting married till she can stand on her own without a man, and I'm set to be on my own if need be.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It did. I ran for my life. Am still trying to readjust to this thing called 'freedom'.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Bad in what sense?
    If he died.. Well, I would go on with my life.
    If he left or I left.. I would go on with my life..
    There really isn't much else to it for me. I can financially support myself, my only child leaves for college next fall.. I'm pretty much at a stage in my life where...well honestly... Life goes own.. You pick yourself up, do what you have to do, and keep on living your life..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• If things went "bad" and we decided to get a divorce, he'd go stay with his parents while i lived in our home, until we finalized our divorce... then we'd figure out what to do with the house and cars , custody etc.... i think if we ever did divorce we could do it with little to no drama.
    MamaCarley

Answer by MamaCarley at 3:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• if he died "omg i would be depressed...he is not only a great man but an awsome father"
    If he didnt wanna be with me/cheated even he knows where i would go HIS FAMILY.....i love them and they wouldnt let me or my son be in the streets for one second,they are really great people and thats where he gets it from :) so i think he would have to die for things to end between us ...eww God forbid :( im a lucky woman
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You know, I think about this sometimes, when we were first married, I was pretty much the bread winner,, now after a job loss he is doing better in his career, I guess I would go and live with my Mom and Dad,, but UGG it would have to be really bad to do that, if he passed away, I guess I would try to do the best I could for my son and I, but do not think unless they are very rich and very old and willing to leave it to me, would I remarry, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i dont know. i havnt thought about it. i cant see things going bad......but maybe i should think about it cause what if it does?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Eh, they did. I moved back in with my aunt and then with my mom and now here I am in my own place. Funny how things work out!
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 4:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2010