How can anyone think that its a good idea? (Health care)

Sure sure let's take care of the people who can't afford health insurance. But to FORCE everyone to buy it?
I tried to make an appointment at the clinic (state) when I was sick and had an ear infection. "oh we can't get you in for 6 weeks." (OH OK! when my ear ruptures, ill pay MORE at the ER, thanks!)*didn't have a pcp yet*
THEN insurance companies aren't all the great either. It is cheaper to self pay a few visits per year for when I go than pay premiums, deductables, and even w/o the deductible, the co pays. Really? I could have paid so much less w/o my insurance being involved. AH!
sure, making more afforable coverage is great... but that isn't gonna happen. it will be longer waits, no appointments, and more money paid than self pay. HOW FRUSTRATING!

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not sure why anyone would belive this is a good idea. Talk to anyone who has ever lived in Canada, all of them will tell you that it's a nightmare to go and visit a doctor! It's horrible, and not to mention, making some of the best doctors rethink their careers! Less doctors... more patients... do the math! I have no clue why people think that anything about this health care plan is a "good idea." I personally think it's rediculous and that our president is secretely against the well being of the USA.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the bill in one aspect only coverage of folks with pre existing conditions.Although,even there I am against the way that it will be obtained.There were far better ways to reform HC then this..imo it is going to be a big ass wreck.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I also agree with you that alot of times it is alot cheaper for folks to just pay out of pocket.Which is why so many really young folks do not have health insurance in the first place.Now they will all be mandated by the government to purchase it.

Better ways but see one helpful thing could have been tort reform.We know why that wasn't going to be done.Too many attorneys on the hill.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It is just another government sponsored SCAM.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Wahhh Wahhh WAAHHHHH! Stop beating the dead horse. It's done, so deal with it. If you already had insurance, WTF are you complaining about? Americans forced to get and stay healthy? OH NOES!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It's done, so deal with it.

***
    Uh....no....it's NOT a done deal! You see, in order for this plan to work, people need to be WORKING and paying TAXES! The country is in the crapper right now--not sure if you've noticed! Besides, when the FISCAL CONSERVATIVES regain control of Congress in November, all they have to do is sto the funding for this program and tie it up with all kinds of red tape!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Oh, and having insurance doesn't FORCE you to do anything! Haven't you seen people smoking outside the hospital before? Many of them HAVE insurance! The only way people are going to be forced to stay healthy is if EVERY SINGLE bad thing out there from cigarettes to alcohol to FAST FOOD, candy, soda, processed/pre-packaged and frozen meals is made illegal and completely gotten rid of.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Dream on Lorikeet!
    Anonymous

• Besides, it is NOT the governments job / responsibility to force me to be healthy. That is something that I will do for myself, and my family. But the government can't make me be as healthy as they think I should be. I will always love double cheeseburgers. That doesn't mean I will eat one for every meal, though. But, you can be sure that I will have one probably every 4 - 6 weeks. Maybe a little longer, but I will eat them once in a while. I am supporting a local business by doing so, too.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 5:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I tried to make an appointment at the clinic (state)

Thats why healthcar ecosts are going up, people like you who want to use a free or cheap clinic. You want to b*itch about the gov. but you also want to use the services for cheap! hypocrite!
    Anonymous