So I don't hijack another question, American Idol.

I have yet to see an actual idol come from this show. All the early winners made an album or two, were popular for a while, and then just faded away. Where is Ruben? How about Fantasia? And I am not going to idolize Adam Lambert (who didn't even win). He looks like a circus freak. By this time next year he will be forgotten like last seasons lip gloss. Yes, the show is popular, but the only people who know who the winners are and what they are doing are watching the show. Shouldn't America's Idol be just a tad more popular. I do have faith in Carrie Underwood. I hope she doesn't let me down. So what makes an idol and do you think these people make the cut? Or do you think the show is not living up to it's promise of making American Idols?

sunshine06

Asked by sunshine06 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's up to its promise this season-theres a few still on that I "liked" but not tha wowed me at all-oh well there's always next season. Oh and don't forget Kelly Clarkson, I think she's had the most success out of all of the winners, she's awesome can't argue that the girl has a great voice!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• my mom told me the ones that were on the show and didnt win and also made an album BUT then dissapeared and now we wonder where they are.... are the ones that didnt want it bad enough, they didnt want to do this and that. they made the album but didnt want to follow rules so they continue on with life but not a singing career.

i do think its fair the ones that dont win on the show are at least given a chance to make it bigger only if they follow through but the only thing thats not fair is that the ones that win the show have to go through so much work to get there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• americansugar, yeah, it's fair that they get a chance. I just find it a bit off that some of the losers are doing better than the winners. If the winners didn't want to do this or that then they could have done something else. If they were really that good according to producers other than Simon, record producers would be chasing after them and giving into their every want in the name of the dollar.  If the Stones decided today that they needed a new producer they would have 200 lined up before the press release was out.  They have been around for decades.  They will be making records in their death beds and still sell out stadiums.  Those are Idols.  Ruben, not so much. lol  I just don't see the next Elvis or Madonna coming from this show, winner or not.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• IMO...Kelly, Carrie and Adam are awesome. SOme second runner's up were awesome, Kimberly Locke and Clay Aiken. I despised Ruben and Fantasia, they CANNOT sing. I have yet to see how they won.

But, America voted..so, I can't complain.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2010