Is this Normal???

DD is 16 months old...And well she has NEVER been sick..with ANYTHING...I just worry because it seems like its not normal..all of my friends kids are around her age and they are practically ALWAYS sick...Plus isnt getting sick good because if helps your body to produce antibodies? I did Breastfeed her until she was 12 months old though so maybe that helped give her some antibodies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 3 children who were never sick before turning 2. EVER. And even since then, they have rarely been sick in their lives. My 2 1/2 year old has had 1 cold to date. My 8 and 7 1/2 year olds have had about 5 colds and 2 cases of the Flu in their lives!
    Anonymous

• Count your blessings. She's probably been exposed to a lot of things, but if she's never been sick, then her body's just done a great job of fighting them off, probably with help from being breastfed.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Honestly, it doesn't have much to do with breastfeeding her. Her body was built with it's own immune system that would've flourished either way if she were properly taken care of. It's very normal for her not to be sick. It sounds like she is properly fed with a well balanced diet, has a good sleeping schedule, and gets the proper amount of excersise. Breastfed or not children can have super immune systems if they're properly cared for. Some children aren't so lucky and have poor immune systems, but it doesn't sound like your little one is that way. Which is good.

Yes getting sick does build antibodies and help strengthen her immune system, but you shouldn't worry that she hasn't gotten sick. Be happy that you haven't dealt with the runny noses and coughs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• That is my oldest she jsut hardly ever gets sick. But when she does oh boy is she sick. Now my youngest is sick all the time. Just the luck of the draw enjoy.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2010