I am going to a first bday party for a boy who had past away at birth.

i have been searching and searching for a special gift. I found some cute wooden boxes I would have looked to get but they were really expensive. so i thought about getting a frame and putting his name and saying a sweet message. Can anyone think of something that i could put that would be kind and sweet for his first bday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How about a charm bracelet for mom with "forever in my heart" or something like that? I've never heard of anything like this but it is something special to their parents obviously, hope it gets them through their healing process.
    Anonymous

• this is just too morbid for me. i wouldn't go. what's the point?
    Anonymous

• Thats really odd and Ive never heard of such but to each his own I guess. I would think it delays moving on. I agree with the bracelet or a keychain maybe?

Still not sure why or how they would ask for gifts for a dead child?
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• it's sad but it can happen to anyone and sometimes people need support in helping heal their hurt. I am going, to let them know that we are there for them.
    Anonymous

• i dont think they really want gifts but i thought it would be thoughtful to give them beautiful reminders that he is in a good place and he will be in our hearts and thoughts always
    Anonymous

• I think you are doing the right thing by going, they need the support-I couldn't even imagine being in their shoes.
    Anonymous

• What about a small angel figurine? Willow Tree is one brand name that has some beauttiul angels
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Things remembered store has beautiful gift ideas. You can personalize them also. I think you will find something perfect there. If you don't have one in your area they have an online website too. You are a great friend for being there to support your friends.
    mercilove

Answer by mercilove at 5:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I like the bracelet idea. You can get the child's name and birthday engraved on the bracelet. Or something like "Forever in my heart" and the birthdate, like someone had mentioned. You can get them engraved from Walmart.com

I would get one for the father and the mother. Just a simple gender nuetral chain that has a plaque for the engraving.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think that is a beautiful way to be supportive. The reassurance that nobody has forgotten the precious soul that they loved can help them deal with their pain. My sister lost her little girl when she was 5 months pregnant and still considers herself a mother and and acknowledges her little girls birthday by making a small cake.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 5:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010