OF COURSE !!!

I am divorced from the father of my 2 children ( ages 5 and 7) ... we have had a pretty good relationship as friends and things have been pretty great... Well now he is "engaged" to a new woman ( who at first I thought was very nice, and was happy he found a good woman) .......they havent been dating long and now all of a sudden ( about 2 months after they started dating) ... my kid's father cannot get them or see them like he has been ( at first I even understood, because in new relationships its hard with kids - I gave him the benefit of the doubt) and she wants me and him to not beable to talk unless she is present........ it is getting ridiculous!

Now my 7 year old has even said that she has told him that they can come live with them and be a real family!

Now how my ex lives is his buisness but I am not going to let some woman tell things like that to my kids

what can I say to her or to him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think i would let things be she seems a little possesive and controlling but if he's too busy or too blind to see it then let him find out however long its gonna take for him to see that is not what he wants unless he wants to live that way.

as for your kids i would exchange a few words with him telling him to quit filling your child's head with crap and if he still doesnt do anything then i would threaten him that you will let the courts deal with it
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Well said, americansugar.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• well she is the one who told my son that ( about living there like a real family)...but he says daddy doesnt know it yet and also that she acts nicer when daddy is home....

so I am worried about how she is treating them...

I am not worried because I know she/they cant take them away and I honestly believe my ex wouldnt do anything like that ( although he could change while he is with her)

I just feel like I do need to say something because I know it is effecting my kids as well...I just dont know what to say ( without being rude or to make things worse)
    Anonymous

• I agree with an above post. The way he lives his life with his new wife is his choice. Whether she's controlling, posessive, and/or demanding (which it appears this way) or not. That's their life to live. It appears she's hoping to weazle you out of the picture, so that she doesn't have to deal with the ex. Which I can understand that if you were a horrible person. Which I don't know either way. However, it is ridiculous of her to demand these things of him when they've not been dating that long. Ontop of that she isn't the parent and shouldn't be putting herself into that role. Regardless if they're getting married.

Like I said, how he lives his life with her is his choice. When it comes to your kids though you need to stand up for them. Let the father know your feelings. Let him know that you and he are the parents and she will not be replacing either of you. Then if he fights you, then take him to court.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:13 PM on Apr. 14, 2010