Engagment party

So my friend invited my DH and I to an engagment party the other day, after saying we could probably come (we have a birthing class the same day) she asked us to bring something. I was rather skeptical at first, thinking "well, if i make something, that will be ok..i guess" but then when i tell her i'll make rice krispy treats, she says someone else is making them..and if i could please bring strawberries.

I don't think she realises how many strawberries i'd have to buy..I know she'd be ok with me making more rice krispy treats for the party, but at the same time, i feel a bit imposed upon. Should I just make the rice krispies anyways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• It doesn't sound like she would be okay with you bringing more rice krispy treats. It sounds as if she wants you to bring strawberries. I don't know you should feel "imposed upon" but then again I don't think its right for her to tell you to bring strawberries. I'm not really sure what you should do! I would probably just bring strawberries but I don't ever argue or object
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• At this time of year, you should be able to find strawberries for fairly cheap. I would talk to her. I wuld NOT make what she's already asked you NOT to make.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• No, not if she said not to. Just take strawberries. They are plentiful. Check online flyers for groceries. Recently we had a store that offered buy one get 2 free of strawberries. That would be 3 quarts of them for cheaper than the sugary sticky rice k treats. Do people still eat those things?
    Anonymous