To what extend do you care about others' opinions?

I don't value other peoples' opinions enough to get bent out of shape, as I consider that to be a bit childish, but I value them enough to be open minded and possibly see errors in myself and change for the better. Do you let others get the best of you with conflicting harsh opinions? (common in cafemom heated debates, lol)

LisaG777

Asked by LisaG777 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't get mad at what people think of me, but I definetly don't like anyone thinking I'm a terrible person, or a slob.

I care enough not to wear sweats and crocs in public, because i don't like the image it portrays.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i love a good debate. im not afraid to be wrong. im not afraid to admit to being wrong. but when i KNOW without a doubt that i am right, i tend to get a little aggressive. not so much angry over not seeing eye to eye, but talking in circles gets old quick. even when i don't agree, i make it a point to at least acknowledge the other person's logic. when i don't get that same respect (or when logic is not involved) i do get angry.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i love a good debate. im not afraid to be wrong. im not afraid to admit to being wrong. but when i KNOW without a doubt that i am right, i tend to get a little aggressive. not so much angry over not seeing eye to eye, but talking in circles gets old quick. even when i don't agree, i make it a point to at least acknowledge the other person's logic. when i don't get that same respect (or when logic is not involved) i do get angry.

Yeah. I'll admit, I can get a little ticked when people throw out logic and rip each other a verbal new one for lack of ...I guess maturity? Or maybe they can put thier feelings in to words other than "you stupid %@!*#...lol. When people get irrational, it just gets on my nerves. Most of the time, I don't even bother with a response.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I ignore it for the most part. I to much other crap to worry about then stupid people. Now if it is someone that I know and love and vice versa then I care a whole lot.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I like to know other people's opinions so I can understand both sides of an argument, but I'm confident and secure in whatever decisions I make. So while I value other people's opinions, I don't get bent out of shape over them.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2010