my three year old ate a lot of jelly the last couple of days and this evening i noticed her stols were very red and squichy looking could this be caused from the jelly or should i be worried

skally1

Asked by skally1 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• dont worry, red is not a color in stool you should worry about, dark almost black is. fruit turns poop colors. i cant drink anything grape flavored without pooping green:)
    Anonymous

• lol, awwww...she's got jelly poop?
    Its strange how when they eat a lot of one certain food it comes out as proof that they ate a lot of one certain food,lol.
    It's probably the jelly. As long as she's not showing symptoms of belly ache or being ill and your sure its not blood thats making the stool red.
    Wow, she must have ate LOTS of jelly,lol.
    When my son was little he got into the raisins and ate like a gazillion of them and I swear he pooped nothing but pure raisins for 2 whole days,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't be worried. Different food turns the poo different colors. Two bowls of fruit loops makes Kiwi's green, and she once ate part of a purple crayon as a 1 year old, and the next day, it was purple. It'll go away in a day or two.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Sometimes that happens when kids eat too much of a certain food.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:23 AM on Sep. 15, 2010