I'm gonna get bashed for this...

do your kids know that you had an abortion or considered having one? "hey, you were supposed to have a brother/sister, but I didn't want him/her." Or better yet, "I didn't want you at first, so I considered having an abortion." Have you told your kids that if you were in a situation like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mother told me that she was going to have an abortion with me. I wish she would have waited until i was older...like past puberty, but I'm fine with it now.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Not yet...she's only 2.

But in about 10 years or so...depending upon her maturity level...she will eventually know my past.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• that has got to be a horrible feeling though.
    Anonymous

• No, because ive never had or considered one, but my mom consideredone with me, and i appreciate the fact that she discussed it with me. Its a real consideration for some people, and my mom being open with me helped me trust her. I dont blame her for considering it, im just thankful she came to the conclusion she did.

I considered adoption with my son, didnt go through with it, but will talk to him about it when the time's right.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 5:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i actually got into a fist fight with my SIL over this. she was mad at her then 8 yr old DD and the 2 of them were in a heated screaming match (still don't know why any adult would have a screaming match with an 8 yr old, but that should paint a pic of my SIL lol). it ended with SIL screaming in front of all of the children "I SHOULD HAVE ABORTED YOU WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE YOU LITTLE FUC-" and at that precise moment, my closed fist connected with her jaw. lmao it was worth the 2 hours in a holding cell. My 1st and only jail experience was certainly not without good reason.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Yes my boys will know that I considered one if I got pregnant from my rape. That will be covered when we cover sex ed.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I've never had an abortion, nor have I ever needed to consider one.  My children know that and they also know that I'm pro-choice.  My 17 year old daughter is also pro-choice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

•  lmao it was worth the 2 hours in a holding cell. My 1st and only jail experience was certainly not without good reason.

I understand where you are coming from but do you really think that hitting their mother in front of the children isn't going to do as much damage?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My children do not know yet my past. But as they get older, and I feel that them knowing my past would help them, yes I will share it with them.
    But my pg's with them were a welcome and wanted part of our lives!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I don't think this is bash worthy. It's a pretty good question actually. My dh was almost aborted. My mil changed her mind and ran out of the clinic...I'm glad she did, although she drives me nuts...
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2010