Tennessee public assistance??

Hey,
We will be moving to Tennessee soon. I will have a newborn and a 2 year old. I am having a hard time understanding eligibility from the website. Any of you moms on it, and can help me understand what kind of coverage is available, and the income bracket? For those who are going to make unkind remarks, I am just asking for an idea... not taking everything said on here as assurance of what I would be eligible for!
Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well I'm from TN and I am on PA. This is what the paper I have says:

With 3 people you cannot make more than $1907 per month gross income.

With 4 people you cannot make more than $2297 per month gross income.

I didn't know if you has a SO that was with you or not that's why I included both numbers. I do not know about families first because I do not apply for it. Those are the numbers for food stamps. If you qualify for food stamps then you can get your kids on the state insurance.

Anonymous