Where in the bible does it say women should not work outside the home?

I know it says women should be keepers of the home, but it also talks about women buying and selling. Just for discussion. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.gotquestions.org/women-work.html
    The Bible nowhere forbids a woman from working outside the home. The Bible teachs what a woman’s priorities are to be. If working outside the home causes a woman to neglect her kids and husband, then it is wrong for that woman to work outside the home. If a Christian woman can work outside the home and still provide a loving, caring environment for her children and husband, then it is perfectly acceptable for her to work outside the home. Resource: Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman: Proverbs 31 by Elizabeth George. http://www.shelovesgod.com/library/article.cfm?articleid=9814
    Does she has to do everything in the home? No. It is her responsibility to manage the home and delegate chores to people in the home or people that work for her. Look again at the Proverbs 31 women she had servants that she managed. I imagine those those servants were doing chores for the home.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• **not this s*** again! seriously , people will do what they want and see it for their families- There will be no discussion here just pissed off moms from both sides because they are getting criticized!
    Anonymous

• OP: Grow up already. I am asking a question about where in the bible it says that for a specific reason. I am discussing it in a bible study and want to hear all points of view. If you can't discuss things sensibly please refrain from saying anything.
    Anonymous

• well it doesn't say for women not to work. at all if you look in probvebs 31 it disusses the ideal woman, and in it it discusses her and business. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• OP: MissBreezy that is what I thought too! Interesting huh.
    Anonymous

• I never could understand where the idea of Bible=SAHM came from........
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• yea i would discuss it at your meeting. i think that yes, the mom is hugely responsible for her kids, but it doesn't mean being a SAHM necessarily. Back then, yes, most women stayed home, but it was an even bigger job then than now. Being a mom is taking car eof your family, whatever it takes, whatever is best. titus 2 and proverbs 31. those are about wives and moms. strive for that... though proverbs 31 is like... HOLY COW... and maybe not exactly POSSIBLE, it is an example. you CAN go to your study and say "hey, i don't agree". :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• http://www.rbc.org/questionsDetail.aspx?id=45806
    another good website.. :) your not sining if you are working unless your family & house are neglected. talk with your hubby this is a decision for both of you to make.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I put more info on my journal if you want to read it..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It doesn't!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2010