Taking a kid to a Tea Party?

Well, there is a Tea Party tomorrow night in my area and I was planning on attending. To throw a wrench in my plans, DH's work has called him out for a job that starts tonight and they expect to last 2 days. So... is it OK to take a child to a Tea Party or not really? I've never been, I'm looking for responses from people who have actually been to Tea Parties. Not people who google or youtube and see 5 minutes of what a tea party is...

mommy_lisa25

Asked by mommy_lisa25 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YES! Any age child can attend. The older the better so they can learn about our freedoms. Every one is friendly and I have never seen anything I wouldn't want my kids to see.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I sure as hell wouldn't want my kids around those nut jobs. And your second guessing tells me you don't think it's safe either.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:04 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• depends who is doing it.If its people you know well like family yes,but if its people that wanna hang out and relax and escape life for a few hours then no.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Absolutely! I took my 2nd grader to a rally last year. Nothing inappropriate happened at all.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• NightPhoenix, your statement just proves that you have NO idea what you are talking about.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Phoenix is that really you Chris Matthews?
    Anonymous

• To be clear, I'm asking because I've never been to one. I want to give the people who are part of the Tea Party movement the benefit of the doubt. I think a lot of the clips you see on youtube and what you sometimes hear on the news are not what normal tea parties are actually like.

So I want to decide for myself. I think I'll go, and if it turns out to be a bunch of nut jobs then I'll leave. It's really just down the road from where I'm staying anyway.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think it depends on the age of the child.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You will probably be surprised at how peaceful it really will be! The Tea Party Tax Day rallies are not town hall meetings, after all. If you can, please give it a chance, and listen to what they have to say. It isn't what some would have you think... =)
    Anonymous

• I went to a local tea party and there were no nut jobs. Everyone was very nice and polite, I see no problem taking the kids.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 6:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010