How to decrease the burn when running?

I've started doing more long distance running and my legs and feet burrrrrn. I know it comes with the territory especially just starting out, but what can I do to decrease it. I think I heard bananas? Lol

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Health

• What do you mean by burn? I run 8 to 10 miles a day and I'm not sure I know what you mean. If you're feeling pain in your feet...you might need new or better running shoes. Bananas will help with endurance and energy.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i mean the lactic acid that makes your muscles burn when you use them... as for my feet, i do think i might need more support. i am running in hiking boots cuz i thought they would give me that. i just might need some regular shoes. but i need ankle support.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I would go to a running shoe store and have them watch you run and walk. They will be able to recommend the right shoe for you. I would suspect running in hiking boots might be your issue rather than lactic acid.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• yea i think the shoes might be a big factor haha.. i had thought "hike, run, both use your feet for athletic purposes" but i think ill go to the sporting goods store and get some good shoes. thanks!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010