The Big 4 Oh

My boys (honey & son) want to know what I want to do for my upcoming milestone. I am not dreading it. I am looking forward to it. I feel that it's the next stage of my life. I want to do something with the future in mind. Maybe something I haven't done before (but I'm not into skydiving or bungee jumping). I don't even think that I want to travel out of the area (because I am away from home often). I don't want a lot of money spent (we are trying to get OUT of debt). My husband is planning to take the whole week off for this.

I don't even know where to start... Does anyone know what I want?

tulegirl

Asked by tulegirl at 6:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A whole week, huh? I think I would ask my hubby to take me to movies and out to eat and to do fun things where I live (a little stay-cation), or maybe I would maybe ask him to help me with projects around the house or unfinished "honey-do's". Maybe I'd have a cook-out at my house, invite friends and family, and let the boys take care of everything!
    Anonymous

• I just turned the big 4-0 back in Feb. How about book a photo shoot with a photographer to mark this turning point in your life.

I'm at a loss for suggestions. My dh raided Tiffany's and added to my Notes collection and got me the pair of Bianca style Louboutins I'd been wanting. He also arranged for 40 black crows to be set up in our front yard..

It also happens that our anniversary is the same day as my birthday so he always teases that he is hit with a double whammy all on the same day.. lol

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• To be honest I don't have a clue, I'm turning 48 on Friday (day after tomorrow) DH has to work in the afternoon so he's doing tomorrow as my birthday. He says he has some things planned, which frankly makes me nervous. lol Sometimes the things he thinks I might like don't quite hit the mark. I do think that lunch out is going to be involved.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• What about a family camping trip. The photo idea sounds good, so me good family shots are nice as well.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Like PP stated I think camping is a great idea...and if you want to splurge go to a resort like Beaches. Definitely plan a trip somewhere.

Anonymous

• I turned 40 last June about a month before I had my first son, I had never had a pool party even though I was born in the summer. Is there a party you never had as a child you would want to have? A pinata? A pool party? (Here in Albuquerque, you can rent high school pools which are all indoors for around 40/hour 2 hour minimum), or $100 for the day at a resort for a pool side cabana (might be cold for that depending on where you live). Maybe some hot springs for the day? Hot Air balloon ride?
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas! My head hurts less now! =)
    tulegirl

Answer by tulegirl at 12:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2010