someone PLEASE tell me whats going to happen? *GRAND THEFT*

my dad got sick last year (in November) he and my stepmom got very behind on their bills and she made the worst descion ever to steal money from her work. She now cant pay the $500 back and needed the money by tonight or she was going to jail.
I dont ha ve the money to help them out nor do I condone the fact she stole the money. There are other ways of getting money and assistance. I just want to know what kinda sentance shes looking at???? I honestl feel so bad for feelign this way but stealing is NEVER a solution.

Has anyone ever gone through this or have a family member that has??? PLEASE PLEASE any advice helps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• You would have to check your state's statutes

Answer by admckenzie at 6:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Well I went to Law School so I will give you my best thought. If this is her 1st offense she is looking at paying the fine...and 3 years Probation. 2nd offense she is looking at fines and a year in jail. 3rd offense there is no hope she is looking at doing 5 to 10 years....Grand theft is a 1st class fel. and will stay with her. Most she is looking at due to the system being the way it is...paying fines, loss of her job and three years of probation. Maybe a year of house arrest but I do believe just three years of probation.
    TimsPrincess1

Answer by TimsPrincess1 at 2:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2010