DH rectal bleeding? TMI

TMI!!

I had noticed blood spatter in the toilet a few weeks ago and I had asked my husband about it. He said it wasnt a big deal and not to worry, but he has had it for about 6 months. I went to the bathroom awhile ago and he had forgot to flush for the first time in along time. The toilet was full of blood. I almost had to look twice because I was stunned by it. I know blood can be caused by hemmeroids but I think its been way to frequent and such a large volume. I want him to go to a Doctor to have a whole physcial because its been over a year now, and I know he has pretty high blood pressure.

Should I just make him an appt and tell him he needs to go or really try to talk it over with him? Im just alittle nervous about it, and worried for him, which is very reasonable!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Health

• make the appt. I wouldn't in any other situation, but this is his health and possibly life we're talking, you know? I wouldn't make a six month dental appt, for example. Tell him he HAS to get checked out, and most yearly physicals are free on most insurance plans.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Talk to him about it. Then make an appointment . He need to get checked . Does he take anything for his blood pressure?

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Ask him how he would feel if the situation was reversed. I'm sure he would be very concerned and make the app. for you.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 7:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Make the appointment for him.I would. Then try your best to just get him to go.He obviously has to ultimately make that final decision to walk into the doctors office but maybe if the appointment was already made, and after discussing with you how important it is to you fo rhim to go, maybe he will.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• OMG definitely do whatever you can to make him go. That is definitely a lot of blood to be passing through the rectum.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• make an appointment and take him to it. it could be something serious but it could be nothing.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Thank you for the answers! I will definetly make an appt for him. Im sure its nothing, but I would rather him get checked out. I think he is also kinda scared. His mom just found out see has cancer for the 3rd time, with the 3rd different kind of cancer. And its not like we dont have health insurance, because we have excellent health insurance that pays and covers well, he just doesnt want to go, take the time off work, or really find out whats wrong. Its time for a good talk! Thank you!
    Anonymous