HSG?

We've been trying for over a year. Ive had 4 early miscarriages in this time frame. I saw the fertility specialist for the first time last month and now we have alot of testing ahead of us. Next week is my HSG, and im very nervous about it! I know that it will cause cramping and can be painful. I had an IUD twice, and when I had them both inserted and removed it was very painful for me.

I know I should just relax and not worry about it too much. I will be taking a antibiotic for it and some ibuprofen. Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had it done before a few years ago. I took Motrin before I went because I heard that it could be painful. My tubes were open so it did not hurt me. I heard it will hurt if your tubes are blocked. I did get pregnant that month. I had issues with not ovulating. Good luck with everything. I hope it won't be painful for you. Oh and I did spot some after it was done.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I suggest taking a pain killer that is specifically for cramps (Motrin-PMS formula or Pamperin). My doctor told me there MIGHT be some mild cramping, but that was an understatement; I didn't take anything before the HSG, and even though I had no blockage I had pretty bad cramps during the procedure; the cramps afterwards were not that bad for me. My friend's doctor prescribed Tylenol III before she had it done. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2010