what to serve at a park party

My surviving twin son just turned 1 and I'm throiwing a birthday party at a park since its april. My girls were born in Dec and Jan and its always raining or super cold on there birthday so we have an indoor party for them. Also because my surviving twin son is very premature and can still get sick very easily from being in a room with more then a few people his doctor suggested we do it where theres alot of air and not in quarantine. He suggested the park.....but its the first time I've ever thrown a birthday party at a park and I'm on a tight budget....what should I serve for food at the park?! I've heard hamburgers and hot dogs but is there anything else I can serve?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 7:06 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We always did park parties...pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad...normal picnic foods all work.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We're going to have our daughter's party at a park. We are only going to serve cupcakes and juice.

But in addition to the other suggestions there's sub style sandwiches, watermelon, or corn dogs.
    Anonymous

• If the park has a grill, BBQ!! My DDs birthday was at the park last year and we grilled burgers and bratwurst.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010