Where did this milk come from?!

I stopped breastfeeding in November. Once in a very great while now, if a nipple is squeezed, I will see a teeeny drop. But that's rare. HOWEVER- Today, I took my bra off and gave my breast a rub (sorry if TMI, but sometimes my bobbies are just glad to be out of the bra! lol.) and milk squirtewd out! A bunch of it! So, curiousity took over, and I pinched the other one... SQUIRT! What the heck!!! ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its normal the same thing happens to me and i thought it was the weirdest thing because my son is 4 almost 5 yrs old. I asked my dr and she said its normal and there is nothing to worry about.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• OP again- I worked out today, for the first time since breasfeeding. And I'm about a week away from my period. Could either of these be contributing factors?
    Anonymous

• I never stopped lactating after the birth of my fist child, 9 years ago... I still get a couple ounces, even when I'm not being regularly stimulated. Some of us just keep producing. hormone flux plays a huge role though... is there any possibility you could be expecting? With my second two, I immediately had an increased supply. It was the first tip off.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It's probably normal, but the best thing to do would be to talk to your Dr.
    Anonymous

• Normal!! Milk can be there for a year after weaning.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I produced milk for more than a year after my daughter weaned.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2010