Is there a way to disable the BUMP option within a group admin!?!?!?!

WHY on earth would CM add such a ridiculous feature?
Almost every group has some rule about bumping posts and now CM has gone and created a bump option! COME ON!

How can the option be removed within a group?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 7:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I haven't seen the bump feature, but why is it so bad?
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure I get the reasoning behind it either. I think I will find it irritating because bumping can delay answers in the group I moderate. I work from the oldest post first, NOT the newest.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• So, what does it do, bump an answer to the top of all the answers or something? That sounds like a nightmare if it's that.
    Anonymous

• If someone is obnoxious and wants their post read first, they just have to hit the BUMP option and it moves that post to the top. It also marks it as new even though there is nothing new in the post. People open the post thinking there is either new information and all they see is BUMP!

It's irritating as hell!
    Especially if you are the person monitoring a group and have to read every new post.

Almost every forum and group in the WORLD has rules AGAINST BUMPing a posts.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Oh wow! It sounds messy.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't CM - itself - usually answer posts in this category?
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Hi Works4Mom.com,
    Right now, we are just testing out this new feature to see how members are interacting with it and if they enjoy using it.

We do not have a way to disable it in certain forums, but we will keep your suggestion in mind.

Thanks!
    Cafe Amber
    Cafe Amber

Answer by Cafe Amber at 5:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2010