Could someone please who has experienced this please explain it to me?

What is astral projection? Have you experienced it? I'm a Christian woman, but I'm curious to know more about this so that I can discuss this with my friends more in depth. I do not intend to bash any other beliefs, just wonderin...

LisaG777

Asked by LisaG777 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and have experienced it. It's amazing. I don't know how to do it on my own but had a friend who studied it and helped me. It scared him that I was able to do it so easily and he decided we were dabbling in something we didn't know enough about so he stopped. I was disappointed that he didn't want to continue. I don't know how to find someone to help me do it again. If you get a chance then do it by all means.
    Anonymous

• silvia brown explains this best in her book "book of dreams" it's not at all against christian beliefs. basically, your spirit leaves your body while you're asleep, and goes out to visit loved ones who have passed, or others who are projecting at the same time. i have personally experienced this. if you want more info, pm me. i have the book here and i could explain it better if you're interested.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I didn't plan to do it, actually...I was curious because I have a lot of friends that are Christian that are naive to the many practices out there. We feel that understanding other faiths and practices will keep us from being judgemental if we can understand were others are coming from instead of assuming that "non-Christians are insane"-we don't want to be carnal, selfish, judgemental people.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• It is an out of body experience, the intentional act of having the spirit leave the body. I have never experienced it but have read about it.

Answer by older at 8:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Were you awake when doing this? or asleep?

I have traveled to different places in the world in my sleep. I know people who have traveled to Heaven and back in dreams One is by Choo Thomas a book called Heaven is Real and she is AWAKE when she goes.
    For me its not intentional but the beckoning of Holy Spirit for me to go where He goes.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You have to realize that several people in the bible have traveled to one place to another but Jesus levitated and walked through walls.... we can do the same :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• oh my goodness
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of this, where in the bible does it talk about christians having this ability?
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I'm answering anonymously because I don't want any private messages regarding this topic. Astral travel is not simply traveling to other places on this planet. It can be and is most often, inter-dimensional and is not to be toyed with by people who have not studied and practiced with guidance. Out of body experiences and lucid dreaming are totally different experiences. With astral projection/travel, there can be physical damage if the individual does not know what they're getting involved with.
    Anonymous

• Suggested reading: Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. It's *the* book for people who want to practice this.

DH has sleeping astral projections where he is able to communicate with angels. I've only had one once when I was working a prayer and meditation due to extreme illness. Afterward, all of my vitals went back to normal and I had no signs of illness, suddenly.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010