Stay at home moms!

My son is almost 1, what are some activities you do during the day! Im so excited to get out of the house this summer & he loves being outside! When you are home, what do you do inside?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we do a lot of crafty things. one of my favorite projects ever started as an accident, and ended up framed on my wall. i was finger painting with my older 2 when my then 18 mo old walked across our picture. it inspired me to get a new canvas and have all 3 kids walk across it with paint covered feet. start with basic fun stuff like paper, play dough, dried pasta, old junk jewelry ... and let your imagination run wild! you can't go wrong with art. the same is true for music. on a rainy day, drag out the pots and pans and make a band!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I provide educational toys to families for children, so we play those alot. They are loads of fun and they are learning at the same time, win-win. We do alot of reading and sing alot of songs. My kids love puppet shows also :) Have fun!
    Bethesmith

Answer by Bethesmith at 9:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We "play with" the cat, and I explain what the cat is doing, feeling, etc. He doesn't get it yet, but it's a good start. We also read a lot, explore the house (he becomes fascinated with things like light switches, the radio, the sink, etc. so I let him experiment), play hide and seek (well, I kind of hide and he comes find me).
    Anonymous

• My kids love playing with shaving cream! We make it into a learning game! Use whip cream for age one because as you know they eat everything! Color, blocks, aqua-doodles are awesome becasue they are crafty and NO MESS!
    Moriah

Working from home and loving it!
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 10:28 PM on Apr. 14, 2010