im 17 and prego im really scared. help!

Okay so i just found out im 5 weeks pregnant.
im very stressed out right now ...
with graduation, and my family got kicked out of the house, and also my baby dad is stressing me out alot .!!
im sooo scared for my baby! Im so stressed out and i dont want my baby to get hurt or miscarage! I try to calm down but its so hard idk what to do! I cry every night .!
help meĀ”
*please dont write nasty things. I know im young ok.*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How did you find out about cafemom?
    Anonymous

• i was 17 and homeless when i found out i was pregnant with my first child. just remember, it's not the end of the world, it's the beginning! it's a wonderful, beautiful beginning! congratulations to you! the 1st thing you need to do is find a doctor you trust. you have time, so relax. you will figure out how to cope in time. pm me if you need to vent. i understand what you're going through.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 8:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I'm so sorry your family got kicked out of their house at this difficult time for you. There are groups here on cafemom for teen moms. I'm sure there are others there that you can talk to who will empathize with you. Have you thought about talking to your school counselor or another adult you really feel you can trust.

Even though you've requested that people aren't mean to you, I'm afraid some women will. They can be very judgmental around here. Good luck to you and your baby.

Anonymous

• call planned parenthood. They have counselors and options.
    Anonymous

• of course the first thing that is best for both you and your little one is to try your best to keep calm. this is life and things happen this way. now it is up to you to make the right choices which can be and will be some of the toughest you will ever face, but it is possible. first..let me remind you just how important having an education is...this could be your one key to success, don't give it up. regardless of you age and what people say or think...opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.there are many options and help out there, take advantage of it if you think you need it. If you need someone to chat w/...I'm here...
    lexinicole

Answer by lexinicole at 9:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Take one step at a time. Talk to your parents about govt housing to have a home. Your baby's dad is probably trying to adjust to what's going on so don't take his behavior personally. You are probably crying bc you are pregnant! Remain calm and breathe. It will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Give yourself permission to cry.

Even if you didn't have all those crazy stressful things in your life, pregnancy hormones can make you very emotional...and it's really okay to let it out.
    Anonymous

• I was 17 when I got pregnant with my first as well. I wasn't in the same situation as you, but I do know how stressful and scary being a young mom can be! Just weigh all your options and talk to someone! A counselor, a teacher, a doctor, or even just a friend. It's okay to cry every day, I'm expecting baby # 2 and I cry every day for no apparent reason, those are the hormones. Take a deep breath, and enjoy the miracle that is happening inside you right now. That is the one thing I truly regret about my first pregnancy. Being so young and not realizing what a blessing it is to be able to have children, and not fully understanding what a miracle it really is to be pregnant and be able to form a human life. Your boyfriend is probably just trying to adjust to the idea, but if you know him well enough, you'll know how to deal with him. Either talk to him, or leave him alone...he'll come around. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• Thank you guys sooo much .
    this really helps out alot . I just dont want to harm my baby! Thank you ! I can talk to you guys about anything .!
    jjbabi01

Answer by jjbabi01 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010