Are there any parents who don't have health insurance on their kids?

Not trying to stir the pot here. I have a couple of friends who say they never did as a child. Do you have it on your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never had it on me. My son had medicaid as a baby until 3, then not again until he was 12.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We didn't have medical coverage from 1990-1997 and we weren't on Medicaid. We had medical coverage when hubby was in the military but then he was medically discharged in 1990 and we no longer had coverage. From 1990 until he became a mail carrier in 1997 he worked various jobs that didn't provide medical care and we couldn't afford to buy insurance on our own. When someone needed medical care we took them to the ER and when they needed hospitalized (we had 2 with severe asthma and they were hospitalized often, hubby was hospitalized when he had the chicken pox and ended up with spinal meningitis and Bells Palsy and I was hospitalized twice with pneumonia) we were given payment plans through the hospital. Not everyone can afford insurance and not everyone qualifies for Medicaid.

Anonymous

• I meant to add....from 2000-2007 I didn't have anything on him. I don't have anything for me and only while pregnant did I have Medicaid.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We are in our second year without health insurance. It is pretty scary.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2010