Okay...so...I'm pregnant- there I said it.

I am terrified right now. I just found out I am pregnant and this is not a oh so wonderful thing. DH and I agreed no more kids since out only child who is 4 and a half has Autism high functioning but non-verbal and requires a lot of time attention and well, to be honest cash. This wasn't planned-hell- it was prevented! I'm on BC for cryin' out loud! And what even more dumb DH is scheduled to be snipped next month. Ha! I haven't told DH yet. any bright ideas on how to make this sound like a good thing? Trick is you gotta convince me it's a good thing first. Go ahead. How is this wonderful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• kids with autism really thrive when they connect with a sibling! this might be the best thing for your family! congratulations! i don't know how i'd get through the day with my autistic son if not for his siblings. this is a good thing. you already know that! ((hugs))

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 8:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You'll have another child to love. Parents have kids that are healthy and kids with disabilities ALL OVER the country, and they ALL manage. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• happyCONGRATULATIONS! You will be ok. Seriously, you will. You are just numb right now. HUGE HUGS.

Anonymous

• OP:: and if anyone is counting I've only taken 4 test. one was digital- no denying that one.
    Anonymous

• Well, you will have a whole another wonderful human being that you will love and so will your child. and DH. Face this head on and except it for what it is. You are having another baby on the way why don't you speak with your wonderful child that you have already and see how he reacts. This is a wonderful thing that is happening and you have to face this head on. CONGRATS.......
    Anonymous

• Congrats (even though you don't think so right now).
    Sorry but I have no ideas for you, but I did want to tell you congrats.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Just because you have a child with autism doesnt mean they wont have an instant connection and love for a younger sibling and excitment over being the big sibling.

Yes, it can be stressful but it will also bring much joy even if it isnt seen at first. I stressed over our last child so much, I so wasnt excited when I first found out and through the pregnancy I wasnt as thrilled as I had been. But you know what....my youngest was meant to be a part of our family and I soooo couldnt imagine our world without him.

You arent the first to have a special needs child and you will be OK. Day at a time.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• You'll be fine. Look at it this way... You took precautions to prevent this and still, fate has decided to bless you with this child. There must be a reason....it will be an adventure finding out why :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Guess God wanted you to have another if you are on BC and DH was getting snipped. I love the humor God has. You will be ok! I would put a bun in the oven and let him find it!
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Congrats mama!
    You will love this one too!
    Anonymous