when you're fighting with your SO

Do you fight dirty? Do you say things to intentionally piss him off?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 9:10 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mostly I just try my best to keep my mouth shut, while I fantasize about stabbing him with a kitchen knife.
    Anonymous

• My husband is very very hard to get a reaction out. He remains calm and it infuriates me. So, yeah, sometimes I say some nasty things.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:15 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I am not one to say things I dont mean when we fight, but he loves to push my buttons and say things that arent true just to get a reaction.
    And I hate that it works! i try to remind myself he is just saying that but when he says it i automatically react without thinking. Then I get all worked up and he gets the reaction he was looking for.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• no I never try to make the issue worse with childish stuff. We don't really yell or bring small non-relevant things up. I rather talk to him when he is calm BUT he does find ways to turn everything around I say!
    Anonymous

• no he hits me and i shut up and continue listening to wat he has to say
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I do but usually no I do not. If he has really pushed my buttons to I'm that pissed off that I want him to be mad too then yes I will. Usually we talk our diffrences out though.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• dh is the one who will say things to hurt me or always brings up the past.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 9:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• well yeah, if not then what's the point of fighting?
    Anonymous

• I used to. I used to say things that to this day I regret because I know they hurt him to his core. I've gotten to the point where I feel I give fair warning before I SNAP. I tell hime,"I'm getting off the phone now and its best you let me go." If he feels the needs to keep prodding(which he usually does) I let him have it.

But Dh, he can say come pretty messed up things. We're working on getting him to think before he opens his mouth. Thats been his problem most of his life. Causing him to get into some pretty harsh fist fights as a kid LOL. He just doesnt process whats gonna come out of his mouth. He's getting a bit better at it. He's learning to shut down. He'll completely shut up and when I ask him "What?"... He'll say, "Lets try this again at a later date." He'll call me back and we discuss it like rational adults.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 10:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think everyone says hurful things sometimes, especially when some important to them upsets them. I admit I've said some very hateful things, but now days I just give him the silent treatment and if I do talk to him it's in a very calm and snotty tone. It's the best form of fighting, because it gets to him! I'm terrible, but I usually get my way. Thanks for spoiling me, Honey! I almost forgot, my DH is hard to get pissed off, but when he does he's way more of a jerk than I've ever been.
    yawningmommy

Answer by yawningmommy at 12:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2010