Will they give you a psych evaluation if......

you have been drinking?

my SO basically broke down tonight. it has been a long time coming. He wanted his sister to just take him to a place to check into directly but it was almost 8pm so he had to go to the ER. His mom is worried they won't give him the evaluation if he has been drinking. he really needs this help. he has needed it for awhile, but wouldnt ever go. So, I am glad he is going, but sad it all happened the way it did. he didnt want me to go with him so i am stuck at home just waiting to hear something from his sister....Does anyone know if they will give him the evaluation?? or help him find a place to check into?

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Health

• well depending on the reason he needs the help they will evaluate either way. even if he is drinking they will evaluate him. you are better off at home because when he gets admitted to another facity u wont be able to go with him. depending if they have a mental floor at the hospital he is going to they will have to take him to another place in an ambulance. when he gets there he will have to be searched(he takes everything off and the look at his body and mark on a paper all his marks) then he gets a gown and taken to a room where he will be told to sleep. there wont be anyone esle in the room and just a bed for him. then in the morning he will see a medical doc and a physcaliglosit who will put him on meds and then they monitor him for at least 3 days,
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:35 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• if u need any more advice let me know
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2010