Foodstamps, how much are you getting and how many are in your family?

I was wondering what others are getting, just read an artical that 1 in 8 families are getting food stamps. We have four in our family and get $668! We have no clue what to do with all of it! Before we needed them, we spent about $400 and ate really well. So for now we are stalking up! What you the rest of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is my son and myself. I was getting $88.00. I got a letter yesterday that said I was going to be getting $100.00 next time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• We are a family of for and we get $668 as well.
    At first it seemed like a too much but after awhile, we just started eating better. Healthier food really does cost a little more.
    Anonymous

• so jealous!
    Anonymous

• I also want to add. I make $9.00/hr 40 hr/week. I get no support or outside help and have no other money coming in. Before people flip out.LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• OP here, BradenIsMySon, that is kinda crazy that you get so little actually! I would expect you to get more, even making that much!
    Anonymous

• I know. I have normal bills too. Not anything extra and that is it. If I get a raise, it will be gone and like my mom said, the raise won't compensate for the food stamps I will be missing. It wouldn't be worth it. So, I don't bring it up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My dh works about 25 (approx) hrs a week at McD's, my dd works at one too. With what they bring home, and what I was getting for UC, we get $262 for 6 people. DD commutes an hour to and from school every day, and has a baby, so most of her $$ goes for gas and diapers. It might seem like we have enough $$, which in one way we do, as long as we have FS. Now that the UC is all done, I don't know what will happen with the FS. But even with what we get, we still eat better on FS than before we had them!
    Anonymous

• Bradenismyson, when I was a single mom and it was just me and my son, I was making $9.50 hour, not getting any child support or anything either and I even got $180.00 a month in foodstamps. I would have my case re-evaulated if I were you. You should get at least a little more.
    Anonymous

• I get it re-evaluated every 6 months. That is all I get. I send copies of everything. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:03 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Well I find this post and if it's true that 1 in 8 families are getting food stamps pretty freakin irritating.
    Anonymous