Do you or do you know some one who puts on a front about their relationship?

I know every one fibs now and then, and it's nobody's business if ya have a spat with your SO. That's not what I mean. I mean, would you rather pretend to have the perfect relationship than to ever admit it's not? Do you know some one else who does this? I admit some times I want to make barfing sounds at my SIL when she goes on about her *perfect* man, *perfect* wedding, and *perfect* life. LOL I don't expect her to tell me all the dirty details but just once it'd be nice if she said some thing normal...not like "Oh, my fiance would never do that" when the whole room of people know better!

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do not have a perfect relationship but he is not a bad guy. I complain all the time lol.
    I do know people that put on a front, they end up broken up and the truth comes out after.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Mine is far from perfect but I know a woman who is so in denial that her husband is a cheater that it is just sad.
    Anonymous

• i know i dont, no ones relationship is perfect just like no person is perfect. I do have a friend that does put up a front and i know it she just seems to always want to make her life sound so much better than anyone elses. Like she has something to prove. Same with her kids it makes me not really want to talk to her much.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• SIL actually told a mutual friend that her man is so perfect that he doesn't even POOP. That's humanly impossible! He's a really great guy! I don't know why she is going overboard with her comments about him!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i do. im not trying to make myself believe hes not an arse.im trying to make it seem like he's not to my family. they live 2500 miles away and they havent seen him in about 3 years.so they arent around us as a couple, they only know of what i tell them.i always make it seem like hes really good to me. like if she asks if he's helping me out now that im pregnant agian and i tell her "oh yeah, hes taking her for me at points during the day, and making sure im comfortable.".ehhhh yea right. he thinks im overreacting to the pain of carring multiples.she also doesnt know he calls me worthless and lazy..so yea i do put on a front about my dh.but not for my own sake..just so my parents dont worry about me.
    Anonymous

• I kind of understand that in a way. You don't want to worry them. I believe my SIL is really disillusioned about marriage. She is mainly focused on things...the big house they are going to build, and the wedding she is planning.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• i got what you were saying, i just thought id add in a different point of view on it.
    Anonymous

• He doesn't even POOP? I tried to put on a front. I tried really hard because I thought everyone could look at me and see how miserable I really was. My husband wanted nothing to do with me. I was 22 years old and couldn't believe a man would never want to have sex. He waited for marriage and after he kept me waiting. ONe day I broke down at work and was sobbing in the bathroom because I couldn't live the lie any longer. I went on to cheat on him and told him all about it even though I had promised him I was going to get sex somewhere if he wouldn't do it. I'm so glad that's over.
    Anonymous

• SIL is still in that infatuation-wedding-day coming up stage.

Most people get over it...hopefully still have a happy, healthy marriage...but also be able to say "yeah, we fight sometimes" and realize that not pooping would actually be a horrific health problem.
    Anonymous

• HAHA! Yeah the whole not pooping thing really caught me off guard! The mutual friend asked me if I knew why SIL kept talking up the fiance. SIL definitely rules the roost at their house, so maybe her fiance isn't allowed to poop. LOL. In all seriousness, me and other family member/friends have seen her be very bossy with him. He's grown so if he decides that's how he wants his marriage and life to be, then who are we to mention marital equality? I just don't want them to be miserable after the hoopla of the wedding is over. Him miserable because he never had a voice in any decision, and her because she was too busy planning the wedding to plan a marriage.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010