My sisters house was just raided for drugs.

My sisters husband has been selling drugs for money. They both are daily heavy pot smokers.Neither of them work. They have 2 children together.(4&5)
The swat team and everythign was over there. All they found was 2 ounces of marijuana and $100.00. They took the husband to jail.
Do you think they will do an investigation on her with CPS?
I'm worried about her kids.I think its awful.Can you imagine a child that age witnessing something like that? I called her and she acts like it was no big deal. She doesn't even seem upset. Maybe I'm just a spaz but I would be crying and so worried about whats going to happen.I'm sure not a whole lot, its not like they found a whole lot, but still..just the thought of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Something similar happened on my son's fifth birthday. It was so dramatic and I was pissed. I didn't cry but I was furious that my x would cause some circus act like that. My son thought it was cool and part of his birthday celebration! lol He's over 30 now and he's not scarred by the event. I'm not even sure he remembers it but CPS wasn't involved. My x had been running some sort of chop shop for cars in our garage. It even made the nightly news. I wanted to crawl under a rock but it all worked out. Hence, the term "x"

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• That happened to the ppl across the street from me (they no longer live there, thankfully) and CPS took the kids.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would imagine that CPS will probably get involved. If children are in the home of a drug dealer that gets busted, there is going to be a legitimate cause for concern about the welfare and safety of the children. Don't mean to be rude, but serves them right.
    Anonymous

• Well that is jail time for having over 1 oz.
    But if they were not hit with intent to distribute then their sentence will not be as heavy. Also depends if he takes all the blame or if they both admit.
    Cps may get involved since it is both parents.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• They will most likely claim personal use because I don't think it was bagged up to look like it was intent to sell.
    I hope this is an eye opener for them.If they get out of it with a slap on the wrist, they are very lucky.
    Maybe its what they need to get themselves together.
    I just feel so bad for those girls to have to witness thier daddy arrested and taken away after a swat team busts in theier house with guns drawn and tears thier house up looking for stuff.
    So sad.
    Anonymous

• lol, kids. I hope those girls feel that way about it!
    Glad he's your 'x' admckenzie.
    Anonymous

• I'm surprised they didn't take the kids immediately - I've never seen or heard of kids left in the house the same day/night as a raid.
    Anonymous

• Yes they will. Children living in a house where their parents deal drugs is a pretty big red flag for CPS. They deserve to be investigated and they deserve to lose their children. Dangerous people can do bad things to dealers and they don't give a rats ass if there are kids in the house.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think one of the other poster, said & I agree, it depends on what they charge him with. Btw, being taken by CPS & put in foster care would be WAY more traumatizing than Mom & Dad selling pot, or smoking it. Of course thats just food for thought for those quickly to judge in the BEST interest of the children. Obviously Bad choices on the parents part, but the governments answer to it, is WORSE! Hopefully there will be family available to take them, & it want take to long for the courts & investigations to decide, where, who & what is in the childrens best interest. Its just sad.
    Anonymous

• CPS will get involved if someone is smoking weed that lives in the house even if it isn't around the kids. Even if it isn't being dealt.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2010