2nd Birthday party. What should I do?

I've got twins and don't know what to do for their 2nd birthday. Their birthday is in July.

Some problems:
I know for sure my yard is unsafe because of the garbage in it. Brother & my dad promise to take it to the dump ASAP. Also I'm scared about doing it at the park because one I've never done it. My house is TINY!!! So that is definitely not going to happen. On the other hand I don't really know any moms. Biggest question is should I even hold a party? As the only people whom would come would be my family.

x2startermom

Asked by x2startermom at 9:51 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I do my family birthdays at the park. There are picnic tables, a playgrounds, fire pit, and grill for our use. It makes things easier.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I would do a park, kids love it, you can rent gazebos by a playground, bring toys, let them open their presents like right when everyone gets there so then they can play with them at the park. also it is easier to clean up. just get disposable tableclothes, tell everyone to make sure they have everything of those grab each corner and just throw it away. the kids will want a party and your family will to, early birthday parties are mostly for family, because we are happy they have made it to this point, we are excited to see them grow, the kids dont care but mommies and daddies sure do
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 10:23 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Parks are great~ I wish My little boy could have a party at the park. but being born in December doesn't make it that easy! lol
    I always use my local lion's club. It's cheap and huge and they let me use the Kitchen. Some clubs might have different rules but it makes me feel better giving them my money b/c it's going to a good cause! and with the park/playground there are normally signs up with the directors number. Just give thema call and they will reserve your spot so if anyone else is there when you get there you can kick them out! lol
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:29 PM on Apr. 14, 2010