What are some outside activities? (Home yard not an option)

Rainy or not I would like to know some. Currently the weather sunny spots with a lot of rain. I'm really scared at taking my kids to the park and letting 'em play due to germs and the recent weather. I'm REALLY curious about things to do outside with my twins.

BE MINDFUL THAT IT IS JUST ME AND MY TWO KIDS GOING OUT!!!

x2startermom

Asked by x2startermom at 9:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When it's hot out I let my kids "paint". Give them a big wide paint brush and a bucket of water and let them paint the sidewalk, the deck, the house. Keeps them entertained for a good while.

Let them jump in mud puddles! My mother used to let us go stomp in mud puddles and we had so much fun doing it. Just hose them off!

Buy them a disposable camera and let them be a photographer for a day. Then take them somewhere and get their pictures developed. They'll get such a kick out of seeing the finished product. You could even buy a little photo album so they can show off their "work".

My kids like to play with regular balloons--not thin water balloons--filled up with water. They don't break easily at all. The kids can throw them up in the air, lay on them, stomp them. It takes work to break them...just don't over fill them and they work best. Loads of fun.

Hope you got some good ideas! Happy playing to you three!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I always take my kids to the forest preserve. there all kinds of interesting things you can see there and they could learn some stuff too. maybe a picnic and if your really that parinoid about germs just bring some hand sanitizer. Play catch or eye spy.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My 14 month old loves when I take her out and blow bubbles, she tries to run after them and chase them and blow them,its funny...keeps her entertained for quite awhile. Another thing she's been into is using the giant pieces of sidewalk chalk, we 'draw' pictures together. Once I got her to keep it out of her mouth..that is,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:58 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Take public transit to a different neighborhood
    Go to the zoo
    Check out parks in your area
    Go to farmers markets

Answer by rkoloms at 8:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2010