Tomorrow's my birthday and I feel like no one cares..

Nothing is planned, I have class at night, hubby has the doctor in the AM an hour away. It really sucks, I always make sure others birthdays are special and no one can even care about mine? I feel forgotten..

Anyone feel this way on your birthday?

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 10:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep. Mine was 3 days ago. I asked hubby to please get my gift (I even told him what I'd like) before then and specifically to NOT go out to Walmart that morning and pick something up. Well of course that's exactly what he did. Pah! Whatever dude. His birthday is coming. he he he he he!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:18 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• well i think it always happens as we get older im happy as long as i get to see my family. one year my mom cancelled my birthday dinner which we do every year and i was so upset about it my husband got me a kitten! I think we all have years like that dont let it get you down.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Yeah, I make sure my husbands birthdays are great I will make him anything for dinner or take him anywhere, we will rent a hotel room and go do something in the closest city that he is interested in, even if I am not, I make sure has something he wants as a present, most I ever really get is a happy birthday and maybe some flowers, I would like him to just act happy its my birthday but it seems to whiz by without even a glimmer of happiness
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 10:19 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Every year!
    I partied hard on my 21st, other than that my b day has meant nothing to anyone but me since I left home. Sucks!
    I will be 30 this year (in Sept) and am anxious about it, and discouraged thinking about the fact that no one will care abot my big 3-0.
    Anonymous

• Maybe they have something planned that you don't know about...
    Maybe hubby's got something special planned for when you get home from class at night, and he's just pretending that he forgot, or playing it off like it doesn't matter, to make it that much more of a suprise. I would probably say something tomorrow like so you got a romantic dinner planned for my birthday, right? lol and then maybe he'll get planning if he hasn't already...but don't wait, and then start an arguement, or make him feel bad, because then you'll both just feel bad, and it will make things worse. Good luck, and for what it's worth, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a really great day tomorrow =)
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• I think we make birthdays to be some big deal. Seriously....parites and such are for kids. Just be glad that people aknowledge it's your birthday.
    Like I said, nothing special.
    Anonymous

• my birthday is six days before christmas - it was forgotten the first two decades of my life. my hubby tries to make mine as special as he can, and i try to reciprocate. i really suck at shopping for other people, though.
    i'm sorry you feel so forgotten. my brother's birthday is the day after yours. i just hate birthdays in general. now that i'm twenty-five, i'm old enough to do anything (except collect retirement!), so i'm not going to keep track anymore. the hubs and i go out and do fun stuff, and make our NOW time special, so it doesn't matter what time of the year it is.
    by the way, HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!!!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 10:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• Birthdays suck past 15. One just has to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• Maybe your husband will suprise u with something.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2010

• My birthday is four days after Christmas so between that and New Years, yes, I've definitely felt that way :) My parents took me to Florida for my first birthday, California for my second birthday, and then my brother and sister (twins) were born three weeks before my third birthday. It's been downhill ever since.....

I'm sorry you feel forgotten on yours though, and I hope your husband does something at least a little special for you at some point! Happy Birthday!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 14, 2010